Assistant Instructor Course
What can PADI Assistant Instructors do?
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course
The PADI Assistant Instructor course can be credited towards the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC) or can be taken as a stand alone course. You'll not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional but you'll also start learning the PADI System of diver education.
The new facility at Emerald Beach Best Western resort is ideal for Instructor training and special rates can be obtained for accommodation packages for future candidates, why not stay in the Caribbean and carry out your Instructor training in wonderful surroundings while sampling some of the excellent diving here in St Thomas.
What will I need to start?
- PADI Divemaster rating or qualifying certification from another certification organization.
- At least 18 years old
- Current first aid CPR certification
- Medical clearance
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
What will I do?
Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
How long will it take?
The course can vary from as little as three days to more than two weeks
What materials are needed?
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Instructor Candidate Workbook
- Open Water Lesson Planning Slate
- Confined Water Lesson Preparation Slate
- Open Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- Confined Water Aquatic Cue Cards
- Aquatic Cue Cards for: OW, AOW, Rescue, DM, Discover Scuba Diving
- Log Book
- Peak Performance Bouyancy Specialty Instructor Specialty Instructor Outline
- Project AWARE Specialty Program Instructor Outline
- Aware Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Instructor Outline
- Open Water Diver Manual
- Recreational Dive Planner, The Wheel and table, ERDP and Instructions for Use Booklets
- Open Water Diver Quizzes and Exam booklet
- Adventures in Diving Manual
- Rescue Diver Manual
- Rescue Diver Final Exams Booklet
- Divemaster Manual
- Divemaster Final Exams Booklet